Friday, January 20, 2012

My cousin Richard



Four years ago today, we lost my cousin Richard.  It's still hard to believe that he's gone.  Every event we go to, it's like you expect to see him, yet he's not there.

Richard wasn't just a cousin, he was like a brother to my sister and I.  We grew up together.  It was always Wendy & I and Michael &Richard.  The 2 boys and the 2 girls. 

Richard was one of a kind.  To know him was to love him.  He loved everyone...........unless you really made him mad.......and if you did that, you had REALLY done something bad.

You didn't tell Richard that he couldn't do something, because he would prove you wrong.

He told me at his last birthday that he was going to retire before he was 30.......we were like, yeah right......sure Richard.  Well, he passed away when he was 28.  So, guess he was right again.

I miss you Richard and would give anything to have one of your big bear hugs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment