Thursday, January 5, 2012

And the drama begins...

*Warning: Spoiler Alert*

So.......the Bachelor started the new season this week and you know there is ALWAYS drama.

Here is a run down of my opinions of each girl:

Amber B--Calls herself the "Bacon-ator"......really?  I mean is any guy going to be attracted to that?  Well, maybe Adam from this past season's Big Brother, but he's about the only one.  Was not impressed by her dress either, looked like it was tye-dyed.  She tried to impress Ben by asking if he'd like a sample.  He kissed her hand, but you could tell he wasn't impressed.  Was I surprised that she went home.........Nope, not in the slightest.

Amber T--In the beginning we got to learn more about this girl than Ben actually got to see.  She's an avid game hunter and she loves beef nuts.  What are beef nuts you may ask?  Well she told us.  Beef nuts = Cow balls.  Uh yeah, can you say *insert barf* here??  She met Ben and then walked around him again and said something about if you don't believe in love at first sight then she was giving him a 2nd chance.  Umm.....okay.  And she went home.

Anna -- She had a beautiful dress, but her way of impressing Ben...........walking by him without talking to him.  Hmmmm didn't seem to work too well, as she was sent home without a rose.  (Note to self: don't try this one)

Blakeley -- First impression of her........big teeth.  Sorry, I know that's not very nice, but honestly that was the first thing I saw.  Her dress also somewhat reminded me of a circus tent, other than it being white with pink stripes.  I guess it was pretty enough, just not something I would have picked.  When she was talking to Ben, she showed him her tattoo......"key to my heart".   Hmmm does anyone else have flashbacks to Kasey from the Bachelorette, when Kasey got the tattoo showing the key to his heart?? This girl may be as creepy as him too.  (Read Monica's below for more about Blakeley).

Brittney -- Beautiful girl.....however, she did something that hasn't been done before in Bachelor history.  She brought her grandma along.  Cute, kind of.  Kept laughing to myself at the thought of my grandmas going on a show like that with me.  They wouldn't have done it. LOL  Didn't seem to impress the other girls much by having Grandma Cheryl around.  Honestly, didn't get to know much about Brittney as Grandma did most of the talking.  However, when Brittney did speak, if I closed my eyes, it sounded like Carrie Underwood talking.

Casey S -- Yeah, don't have any opinion of her.  Didn't get anything from her intro and didn't get anything during the whole evening.  But, Ben kept her around, so maybe there's something more to her.  I didn't find anything worth commenting on.

Courtney -- She's a model and is quite cocky.  She greets Ben with "Hey Cutie Pie.  Come here often?" Oh yeah, that's really original.  Sounds like she's used it a few times. *rolls eyes*  She said that she's a hair girl........and she proved that...she kept playing with her hair all night.  And she's not worried about any of the other girls, because she's better than them.  (so she says anyway)  I kept looking at this girl and she reminded me of someone.......finally figured out who it was.  The Mayor (aka Wicked Queen) off of the new show Once Upon a Time.  Hmmmm fitting I believe?? lol

Dianna -- When she stepped out of the limo, I thought that she was ahead of the game and just wore a wedding dress to start off.  If that wasn't enough, she decided to impress the Bachelor by blindfolding him and making him guess candies that she pulled out of a paper bag.  Ummm yuck!  I hope she washed her hands before touching the candy (as they were not in wrappers).  Ben was a good sport, but sent the candy bride home.

Elyse -- She's a personal trainer and told Ben that she was going to make him sweat.  Well.....she did.  Later in the evening she made him do pushups.  At least Ben can stay in shape for at least a week, because he kept her around. 

Emily -- This girl studies diseases.  I don't know who looked more grossed out, Ben or myself.  I mean I guess someone needs to do this. lol  She gave him hand sanitizer and breath spray and then proceeded to give him the first kiss of the night.  Bold girl......very bold!  Later on she performed for him by doing a "gangsta" rap.  I think he found it amusing.......

Erika -- I think she lost part of her dress on the way in the limo.......seemed like some of it was missing. She is a law student and told him that the verdict was in.........that he was sexy.  Original?  Not really. LOL 

Holly -- BIG HAT!  Oh my......the girl had this huge straw hat on her head.  Holly......I think you should borrow Princess Beatrice's hat from the Royal Wedding next time.....  LOL  She later put the hat on Ben.......he was a good sport about it, but I guess he wasn't too into the hat lady because he sent her home.
(picture borrowed from the LA times)

Jaclyn -- Honestly, the only thing I remember about her is that she told Ben that he was "dapper".  Now THERE's a word that is used as an adjective every day.  Not!

Jamie -- really liked this girl.  She seemed really sweet.  Back story on her.......she got custody of her siblings when she was really young and has raised them.  She's also a Labor and Delivery Nurse.  I hope that she'll stick around for awhile.

Jenna -- She had a great idea.......use one the quotes Ben used last season.....only prob is.......she quoted it wrong and he had to correct her.  Oopsies.  You could have heard crickets chirping after that one.  Later on in the night she provided us with the first major drama.  We had tears galore.  She holed up in the bathroom for awhile. Was she crying over Ben? Oh no.....she was crying because some of the girls didn't like her.  Her quote of the night, "I don't wanna be drama".  Ummm well honey, you ARE drama!

Jennifer -- She is an accountant and had a cute intro with Ben using numbers of how many miles she came, etc... Cute.  However, only thing I remember is that she had pretty hair.

Kacie B --  Tennessee girl.  Told Ben not to sugarcoat anything.  I like that.  She seems like a sweet girl.  I'm glad that she's gonna stick around for at least another week.

Lindzi C -- Another Bachelor first........she rode in on a horse.  I think Ben was speechless.  It worked though because it earned her the first impression rose.  (note to future participants.....try something like this.....maybe ride in on a camel, or elephant, or something......)  She shared that she attempted to make wine, but said that it didn't work well with store bought grapes.  Ben thought it was cute and he gave her the first real kiss of the evening.

Lyndsie J -- She's from England and I bloody LOVED her accent!  However..........she talks a million miles a minute and I was having trouble keeping up with her.  She was like the Energizer bunny albeit a dorky one.  She made up a poem for Ben......sad, but I think she found it funnier than he did. LOL  Seemed like a nice enough girl, but she was sent home.


Monica -- First impression......I LOVE her dress!! It's purple!! (my fave color of course) Odd intro though....she told Ben that she had a confession......wait for it...........She misses her dog more than anything.  The look on Ben's face was priceless.....both he and I were shocked with that confession. lol  Later in the evening she confessed that she felt nothing for Ben...............HOWEVER, I believe she did have feelings for Blakeley.  Her and Blakeley got really cozy together.  Not sure if there will be a love connection with her and Ben, but not sure about her and Blakeley.......stay tuned.

Nicki -- She told Ben that he was "Precious".  Say it with me now......AWWWWWWWWWWWWW  All in all, she seemed very sweet and bubbly.

Rachel -- I think she was excited to meet Ben as she bounced to see him in a pretty red dress.  Maybe she was channeling Tigger? lol  But we learned later.......not only can she bounce, but she left her job to go on the show.  She'd been working there a long time........5 years!  hmmmm makes my 15+ years at my job seem kind of......um.......ancient?? lol 

Samantha -- pageant winner....how do we know? why she wore her sash of course. Duh. LOL  Sadly, that's about all I learned about her. 

Shawn -- Couldn't miss her getting out of the limo....she was wearing a bright lime green dress!  She slugged Ben on the arm after meeting him.  Kind of funny and Ben looked taken aback by the slug.  She made it up to him later by playing soccer with him (in her heels no less) 

Shira -- She decided for her intro to tell Ben that she knows everything about wine and for him to ask her a question. Well, he does and she doesn't know the answer.  She then told him that she knows nothing about wine.  Uh, FAIL.  Yeah, I knew one thing........she was going home........and she did.


Well, so far I guess the girls that I like the best are Jamie, Kacie B, and Shawn.  We'll see how they fair next week.






1 comment:

  1. Okay I got up to the rocky mountain oysters and said to myself why am I reading this. I don't watch the show and probably never will.

    I will say - love your take on the people. This gets me to pondering why don't you try out for the show?

    ReplyDelete